Sunday, March 12, 2006

It Resumes

A plate of Char Kuey Teow used to cost me RM3.50. However, after the price increase of crude oil, this unscrupulous tauke charges me RM4.00 for the exact same plate – apparently the extra RM0.50 doesn’t mean that I get a bigger portion or an extra shrimp. And later throughout this week – my lunch meal expenses has incurred a few extra dollars. The rakyat is always the victim of the government’s doings. The latter has been advising us to cut down on our daily expenses and spend our money wisely but what about those hard-core poor?! Those who live in squatter areas? Those whose wages is below RM1,000? How are they supposed to trim down further their already extremely tight budget? No need to eat? Well, I’m waiting to see what sort of measures that the PM has promised to lighten the rakyat’s burden. I feel that one important action that the government must take is to ensure that businesses should not hike up their prices unreasonably. It does not justify when a RM0.30 extra sees consumers forking up to RM1.00.

This week has been awful. Things have gone from bad to worst. Celtic has personally chosen & picked a new recruit (its one of Celtic’s kinfolk - more like nepotism to me) – Wyatt’s the name :( I don’t feel the sense of ownership of my work anymore. Any information and communication is just between Seth & Celtic. They don’t disclose them to me, as though I’m invisible. How am I going to be a supporting cast when I'm not aware of the updates? Self-help books have mention to always look for a solution not at the problem but it takes two (in this case 3) to tango. There is no point if I’m striving hard to be a team member when one of them is unwilling to accept the fact that I am around. Tommy already warns me that this will happen. There is no room for me. It's only the both of them. Juan, Tommy and myself have been pretty depressed this week – all of us have issues and we need divine intervention now!

I had lunch yesterday with The Circle. There was so much of catching up to do :) We reminiscence back on our college days, how much we have changed, how fake we become when we are at work, how we hate our current jobs, the people and juicy gossips. I missed the old times. I don’t feel like going back to work tomorrow but then again…I need to learn on how to deal with such people and cope with such a situation. That way, I can improve right? (yeah right!)

No comments: