Saturday, March 25, 2006

Just About Anything & Everything

Celtic took 2 days off – all of a sudden; which is weird because Celtic is a workaholic! I’m just curious on how Celtic will spend the 2 days – will it be a time for reflection or worst – master mind-ing some evil-down-fall plans. I know I’m being paranoid and yes the feeling of insecurity is there. With Celtic’s absence from work, I took the opportunity to discuss the issue with Seth. Of course Seth is fully aware of the problem from the beginning and acknowledges it. The reason that no corrective actions are being taken is because Seth doesn’t want to be too confrontational. Excuse me – this is not provoking, this is about solving your employees’ problem before it get serious, before it is firmly rooted…it cannot and should not be avoided & buried and just forget-about-it kind of thing. So I am the bad girl but I’m glad that I brought it up.
I will be on leave (again!) on next week Monday & Tuesday (to clear my last year outstanding leaves) and when I come back on Wednesday, I’m not putting any high hopes for things to change because it can’t happen in a blink of an eye. But at least I want to see that we are putting in efforts to make things better. If things don’t work out, it just doesn’t but at least the try is there. Boss & Co. has smell that something is brewing among us – they cannot pin point what it is now but they being very smart people will probably be able to figure this out very soon.

My CV has generated interest from 2 companies. I’m not being picky but I can’t have so-so salary where my logistics expenses are a hill high. Yes, graduates has been reminded constantly by the government and professionals that they should be grateful that they even have a job and don’t bother about the pay so much but I can’t live from month to month with a minus figure in my book. I need to cover all of my expenses and leave some for saving as well. I feel that the companies these days take the country’s graduates for granted just because the supply is more than demand. Just imagine – the latest employment trend is to give a new recruit a one-year working contract. If the new recruit’s performance is deemed satisfactorily, the recruit will then be given 6 months probation before being confirmed as a permanent staff. If the contract letter does not state any salary adjustment within that 1-year of contractual employment, then the new recruit will not have an increment and the increment will only be given once the probation ends. That means the company saves a lot of money and you’re a cheap labor.
And our wise DPM said don’t job hop, be loyal to the company that trains you. Thank goodness that the professional experts out there disagree with him. Yes, we should not job-hop frequently like every year because it reflects bad on us but we do need to job-hop that will leads us to better things. We shouldn’t be loyal to companies that don’t give us a sense of ownership and security.
5 years – ok, don’t go to far – 3 years down the road, when I read this back…I hope I’m in better position and can laugh this one off :)
Let’s see how it goes for me because I want my second job to be better than my current one. I will continue to look around but I don’t want to rush…but I think I will hang around in M13 for a while. If things do get worst, I still have to swallow them until a better offer comes along…rather than being jobless. Sending those CVs earlier – I was panic :)

I woke up at 6.45 am-ish this morning to send my sis to school as she had a school excursion. It’s so nice to drive early in the morning – a bit chilly and so quiet and the best part is that there is no traffic! No annoying beastly drivers around.
Tomorrow will be going to PJ Hilton for a Japanese buffet with Juan, Tommy & Nikolai – looking forward to all the colorful sushis and oysters. I’m drooling right now :)

No comments: