Sunday, March 23, 2008

My life’s as a blank canvas

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta" – Fellini

This week I have been bombarded by so many people:

Salah Siapa – Riza called me up urgently; informing me that Chevron has decided to penalize us for late delivery to one of their stations in peninsular Malaysia, on last year November 2007. I got panicked because the delivery orders at that time were under my charge. I may not remember 100% of my work, but I can remember 80% of it. And I certainly have no recollection of the Valve Display order. I may be blur, but it’s impossible that I overlooked things. I did a thorough check and thank GOD, it was not my fault. Chevron didn’t cc the email to Riza or Fredrik and the best part is that they email their orders to me via a wrong email address. So I didn’t get the Purchase Order. So whose fault is it? So clever, who teach them! Want to penalize; also double-check who is at fault first. Don’t point your fingers blindly! I am even more upset when Fredrik push away all the responsibilities of churning the Chevron NRP Monthly Reports to Riza. Riza was hospitalized, thus I did the handover of my duties to Fredrik at that time. When Riza came back to work, Fredrik did not bother to teach Riza, instead told Riza to read the step-by-step instructions which I have written. If any problem or questions arises, can refer to me. What kind of manager is that?! That complicated report should not be executed at Riza’s level. It involves a lot of details and should be prepared at the executive or managerial level. Pity Riza who doesn’t know the head-and-tail of the exercise.

Janjiku – Had a nice conversation with Shariman; asking me if there is any job available at my new workplace. He is truly a lovely guy who helps me out a lot on warehousing management matters. He’s extremely playful and loves to clown around :) It’s sad that the head supervisor Zul have left, the new Warehouse Manager has been picking on the crews…they've suddenly realized that they can't survive without me. Ha. Nah…I’m not really that good :)

Kenangan Terindah – Advising & consoling Troy on siblings’ problems…our dearest & nearest can be so hurtful occasionally.

Selamanya – Was invited to attend Jack’s open house next week Saturday. Also found out that M is 5 months pregnant :)

Sebutir Pasir – Email from Mei Yin; Jacques will be resigning end of this month. Woah, what happened?!

Sahabat – Recalled the conversation that I had with Tommy last week. I didn’t regret that I didn’t join Atticus. I feel very guilty instead because Atticus was lobbying very hard for me. No doubt, by re-joining the English, I will be learning a new set of skills, a good brand name if I ever leave the company (working with Malaysia’s number 1 retailer)…unlike now…work is good but working in a china-man company have many downs than ups. They deduct your salary when you come in late for work by the minute and their benefits sucks! With the English, MNC companies provide the best in everything for their staffs and if you pass their exam, you will get a promotion (like Nikolai who was promoted to Grade 4 recently) – their system is fair and square, plus transparent. No biases. And I also received a called from the English this week; asking me to join their Grocery Team. This is their 4th invitation. After this, there will be no more invitation because I have such a bad record :)

I don’t regret coming here. I don’t regret joining Haakon…it was an enriching experience one way or the other. On the other hand…I feel like I haven’t yet been able to fully spread my wings and SOAR over the world like I was supposed to. And something in me is burning and bursting to break out. But I don’t know what it is or when. Ah, it sounds ridiculous isn’t it?
So when is it ever going to be just right, just enough?
When is this going to fit the bill?
What on earth do you want?

Bought a new handbag: silver, big, bling-bling; and it was very pricey.

I’m now looking forward to the endless hours of reading :)

No comments: