Sunday, April 13, 2008

my piano knows me better

Malaysia’s current political landscape is not in the pink of health. There is so much of bickering going around. I wonder if my elected leaders know exactly what they're doing when they talk. The public trashing is not going to solve anything, it remains a fact that the people would like to give The Opposition a chance. They want change. They want to see change. As a non-bumiputra, I hate some written laws that make me feel I'm second class, I weep for the unjust things my fellow citizens have had to endure…but with this election shocking results, it just goes out to show that Malaysians; regardless of their races would like to see equality. But to see equality, the realities can be harsh…because there are still shallow-minded people who think that this land belongs to them only and the special privileges are their rights…and this pains me to sometimes feel, that positive change might never ever come. This is further reinforce when the Tengku Mahkota of Kelantan; Tengku Mohammad Faris Petra Sultan Ismail reiterated that nobody should challenge Malay Rights & Privileges because it is quid pro quo in return for providing citizenships to 2.7 million people of other races who joined the Malay Federation. It is not appropriate for the other races to demand equal rights and privileges after they had already acquired their citizenships. The only rights that the non-bumis have are the freedom to practice their religion. These are the words coming from a crown prince!

But above all these, I know one thing: I know I love my country, I want the best for her.
At times, I try to leave, and take my family with me. Is it such a crime? The bumiputras, when holding a conversation with us non-bumiputras, will never understand that. I haven’t met one that do. We don't expect them to. I want to tell all the leaders this (both the Government and The Opposition) - I hope whatever you guys are doing; you're doing it for our country's future good. I won’t rise up to be this country’s leader and I can't say I'll be a perfect leader, I'm sure your experience makes you guys more qualified than me. But in my position as a single citizen, I just want to say this: All I hope for is that you remember the very identity that makes Malaysia so Malaysian. Malaysia is diverse. Unity comes only when all in diversity sing the same, harmonically orchestrated symphony in a united tune. We may be of different races, colors and creed, but deep down we're all the same. We're all Malaysians, and I love my country just as much as you do.


Movie: StarDust.
An adventure that begins in a village in England and ends up in places that exists in an imaginary world. This movie just entertains you. There is no historical epic to tell, there is no folklore tales to share, no lessons to be learn…a movie fantasy that just entertains you. But unfortunately, I didn’t connect with the characters at all.
Robert DeNiro – Captain Macho kononya…he’s funny here :)
Michelle Pfeiffer – Loves her! Loves her!
Claire Danes – Haven’t seen any movies of her for so so long. She is sort of wasting her talent in this movie because it’s such a light character. It doesn’t challenge her much because I know that she really can carry heavy roles. She is way better than Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff & all the girls from the High School Musical.
It’s an okay movie. Not great, just okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i read that in the online NST and the star, i was more than devastated. everyone's allowed to speak their mind, and i guess in some ways this is the freedom of speech (although it seems only allowed for people with authority and power). us normal people can't speak what we want to...