Wednesday, May 14, 2008

dunia baru

So, Malaysia and the rest of the world is facing a food crisis, food shortages…soaring food prices…everything is on the rise but my salary still remains the same! :(
The cause of the problem is a supply-demand imbalance. Demand is very strong. Supply is constrained. It is as simple as that. Supply is at the minimal because bad weather causes poor harvest, lower food reserves, growing consumer demand in China & India and higher oil prices. Now only the government starts talking about food security. I’ve been highlighting this issue since I was in college when I was doing an International Marketing project on the United Nations. I’ve learned so much on political science and international policies then. I would love to see this country providing these for its rakyat: sufficient employment, free education, affordable medical & free immunization programs, food security, sustainable & environmental-friendly development, energy & natural resources conservation and homeland security. Sadly, I don’t think we have any.
Politics have been very interesting and terrifying lately. Imaging if the Opposition can form the next government before the year ends.


Work Tales – We have launched our fifth and the first concept store in Subang in March. And now we are re-launching our Balakong and Cheras store soon. Hectic. But I’m very proud to be in this pioneer team. I have also helped them to set-up their first Stationary Department. I've laid the foundation for them. My masterpiece :) I’ve learned well from Ronnie and Juan…they taught me well. And now, I missed them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell! why you got cheeky grin? =P

anyway you know the whole issue of food shortages and everyone trying to answer the sustainability question, and how the developed nations now want to capitalise on "bio fuels"? frankly i think the bio fuel concept is more than silly because with food shortages these nations are just using the food to turn into power =\

and the $200 predicted amount for per barrel of oil...is making my trip home more and more expensive.

if the opposition were to form a government so soon - the transition stage will be chaotic and it wouldn't have enough firm ground to stand on.

i've been looking into the mixed-member parliament: what the political structure is like in germany and new zealand. it's proportional and represents an approximate mix.

SO GLAD you're in the pioneer team! can i go buy stuff from what you've developed? =D haha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Yingze,

Congrats on being the pioneer team.. way to go girl~! :D

and yeah food price is soaring sky high.. and yet the salary remain the same....

have a great day :D