Tuesday, August 31, 2010

There’s more to life than increasing its speed


Tomorrow is the 1st of September – by right, if everything have proceed smoothly, tomorrow will be my first day reporting to the English. Yes, a little bit of regret there :) a little bit of doubtfulness. Both emotions still lingering around, on a on-off basis :) The pay & the benefits are good, I know that I will have a much more better career prospects over there, I will only be doing & focusing on D33 (not like now, where I have to do both D33 & D34) and I will be learning & working with some of the best players in the industry; Rodrigo, Atticus, Juan Valentine, Danny & Miguel. Speaking of friends…Juan is already there, so is Haakon, Nikolai, Wyatt, Pierre Andre, Boss and Tommy. Tommy re-joined them several months back. It’s like my comfort zone is already in place. It's like I'm giving it all away all of the good stuffs that could happen to me.

I wanted to leave the French because I wanted a new beginning. I wanted a good change. The opportunity to start all over again was there. There were certain things which needed to be change, and I found those changes to be near impossible here. It is a fact & reality that I will have to shoulder on the 2 departments for the time being and with the conditions of both of the divisions...the KPI will be the hardest to acheive & crack into. Of course, choosing to leave the place you have labored all your life wasn’t an easy and quick decision to make. There wouldn’t be a decision if it wasn’t for the opportunity. Nonetheless, my decisions have been made. In the past few months, I’ve walked one of the longest, hardest journeys of my life. The future remains unknown and uncertain. However, I have always believe that the darkness doesn’t stay forever…sunshine will come again.

But I am very curious, if I do work alongside Atticus & Rodrigo – what will happen? I can see that their Leisure Sports area have shrunk because they have given the additional space to Danny to expand the Toys Department. If I go there, will I be able to secure the place back by justifying that I need to expand the Big Fitness category or do I need to fight it out with Danny :) Or, maybe they don’t even give the space to Danny after all.
Only time will tell…and I will continue my journey, finding myself, to live, be happy, experience discoveries, making memories.


"The past is like a rear view mirror, smaller than a windshield because the future is far bigger than what’s behind us” - UnKnown

No comments: