Saturday, February 26, 2011

Life Sdn Bhd

What Flavor Is Your Personality? (by Alan Hirsch) – borrowed this book from Troy…hmm…how shall I put it…I find the results are pretty subjective because the findings are not scientifically…proven. It’s a research where it gathers a group of people and just randomly generalize them…on how each particular ice cream, pastries, spices etc provide important clues about personality types and can even predict behavior. I find the outcome very much debatable. However I do agree how certain foods can trigger our body psyches and the role that the food plays in different religions and cultures.

I am a foodie, I love food, I like the whole dining process and I enjoy eating very much…to me, food feeds & nourishes the soul as much as it fuels the body…and I think the best food is my mom’s home-cook food because they are cooked from the heart :) I don’t cook, I only make mess in the kitchen and I am probably the worst cook ever around. But I do envy people who love entertaining and throwing parties and experimenting with food and recipes. Their cooking and also baking skills are so enviable. Wish that I have some of it.

Personally, I prefer fresh, healthy, low-fat, low-sugar foods…like the Japanese food that strives for harmony with nature and the cooking styles which emphasize the freshest of ingredients as well as spontaneity and sincerity. But I also can’t live without the dim sum, pizzas, hamburgers, chocolate and KFC :)

No comments: