Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A story of life ruled by the elements

I didn’t care what anyone else thought or said, I just know that I needed to go home, roll over and have a good night sleep. It’s always like this isn’t it…whenever you stay back late to finish up your work, not even a word of praise was given to you…but when you go back early…then they start to question you whether you have finished your work or not & then decide to give you more additional work because they think that you are so free now. Ta ma de.

I was one of the largest culprits up until recently. I know that I am not the only one here…probably I am part of the bigger majority who has made such a mistake all the time. We all know that we have to spend quality time with our loved ones. We say it often. But we also often make the mistake of doing the opposite. While we would never ever miss a deadline at work, or walk out of a meeting or not deliver anything less than exceptional quality at work…but we always allow ourselves to let our parents, our friends to wait. We disappoint them. We forget birthdays. We break promises. We always give excuses. We always ‘fong fei kei’ ("release airplane") on our loved ones. Our loved ones end up being the only people in our lives that we constantly say sorry to. And I’m guilty of not "being there” many times. So I’ve made it a point nowadays to be totally engaged with conversations and really listen to what people have to say.

No comments: