Saturday, February 19, 2011

loyarburuk

Yesterday was my off-day…instead of spending my time resting at home, I was in IKEA with one of the suppliers and my Putrajaya Store Director…the mission is to study IKEA’s pallet operation, merchandise implantation, assets, impulse purchase items, new assortments, seasonality promotions, the pricing, this season’s new colours etc. I like IKEA, I like all of the product designs, fabrics, textures, the details, colours, the ideas and it’s a great place to shop because it’s spacious, not cramped. Very homey-environment. Plus, the service is quick because they have a huge team of staff always running around.

Sigh. A lot of work needs to be done after this…since I also have very limited exposures in this portfolio. Well, since I don't know much, I must ask for help. Cannot be shy because time is not waiting for me. The next step, I will be spending a lot of time on brainstorming ideas and coming up with plans.

So, after the whole store visit is done…I went shopping. I was motivated to buy the things that I have listed down in my To-Buy-List. Well, a little wardrobe update will lead to a personality upgrade right? :) However, it isn't always easy to find what you want in the stores. Sometimes the items are just too overpriced, and when it is reasonably priced, I can't find them in the right color, or the right size for me and at times, I just can't find that special something. So I went home empty handed :(

No comments: