Sunday, May 22, 2011

in chains

This weekend, the house has been very quiet. That’s because my Pa is outstation in Penang and my Baby Sis is not at home for the weekend because she have to work. So, it was only my mom and myself. So, during the weekdays, I don’t know is it because of my age…I begin to feel a little bit uneasy of the thought of her staying alone at home, napping alone at home etc…even though I know my mom knows how to occupy and entertain herself every hourly. It gets a little bit unbearable for me. I go to work early in the morning before she wakes up and comes back home late at night. And as my mom’s knees is giving her a slight problem, am very concern that her clumsiness will aggravate the pain even further and hurt herself & there is no one at home to come to her aid. But I guess this is the reality of today’s situation…many old folks are being left alone by themselves as their children have to work, start to build their own family and are left with very little time to take care of their parents. Some were sent to old folks home, take turns at living with different children's house over a period of time or simply being neglected. I pray that both of my parents will remain mobile, independent, healthy, happy and in harmony for the remaining years of their life. And I pray that I will have the strength, the patience, the financial capability to provide the best for them in the future.

Living with my mom is difficult at times…I really really really love her very much, even though sometimes I may hurt her unintentionally and sometimes it can get difficult because I want to find my own direction & have the space to grow up too, but she is the best mother I can ever have. Sometimes I close my eyes and I think of the times we would sit down and talk about her friends, and then we'll talk about what happened at my office. Or the times I'd sulk because the herbal soup that she spent so many hours boiling was too bitter or taste awful for me. But mom, you are the best, always ready to cook me the most delicious food in the world.

Thanks for teaching me that, although there are many different kinds of love, there is no true love like the one a mother has for her child :)