Sunday, May 22, 2011

my life in and out of the ring




Last Tuesday evening, I went out for dinner to attend the wedding of Mr. & Mrs. Simon – it was the longest wedding dinner ever. Usually, when the first dish have been served, it will take between 6 – 10 minutes before the second dish arrives…I think because that there was more than 50 tables around plus another wedding was also taking place at the same time…it took between 15 – 20 minutes. Bloody long. Nonetheless, everything was enjoyably tasteful and entertaining :) And how happy the cute couple was on that day. Definitely, the most happiest and most blissful moments in their life. The moments of Laughter. Comfort. And Joy.


On another hand, I have just received the news that Christine have separated from her husband Hendry recently. I still remembered that I attended their lavish wedding back in October 2009. It’s sad that this union was cut short. The couple has gone through so much. Nonetheless, I was also very impressed with Christine that she can pick herself up very quickly and strongly. Not only that she have to nurse her broken heart but also her body as she have experienced 2 miscarriages along the way as well. These days, she seems to be quiet but peaceful. Stronger perhaps. More mature. And much wiser.


For me, this unification as husband and wife, it is all unconditional and is all about love, promise, honor and loyalty. It is a sacred promise that two persons make to be always by each other’s sides. In every marriage, there are always the hard days. For sure, any marriage that matters surely will have arguments. And when the rough moments come, both of the husband & wife need to remember the good old times. To give them the encouragement and strength to step up again and to look forward to more good days. In such a relationship, I don’t like to use the word Forever…but I would like to think it as For As Long As Possible.

No comments: