Sunday, July 08, 2012

Catching The Sun


Let’s get a good thing started – I have signed up with dogoodvolunteer.com; a portal that matches my interest & skills to the various organizations that are available and in need of additional help one way or the other and also as a means where I can Volunteer. Do Good. Do a little good today, do a little more tomorrow :) Awesome. Actually, I haven’t participated in one yet, but I hope that before the year ends, I will be able to do so. I also think that whoever came out with this match-making idea is absolutely a genius. I too believe that there are many people out there who would like to volunteer their time & energy but do not know where to go, how to approach and who to ask. And this portal has just make things easier for everyone. Volunteers can choose which listed organizations of their choice that they can help.

Sometimes, it’s not about donating money, or to travel to far far away places to help an ethnic minority…as a matter of fact; a simple act - smile or to say hello or thank you to a complete stranger. Let someone with less shopping get into the queue in front of you. A small good deed. A small kind act. It can actually spread happiness around and touches people lives.

I want to give back more. I am not rich materially, but I have so much more in my life. At times, I’ve feel that I’ve totally taken my life for granted. I want to use GOD’s blessings to inspire & to bless others. Although the world today is a cold & dark place but I believe that there is still some good around. There’s so much that we can do to balance the inequality that is happening in our society and to spread some joy & hope so that everyone can have a better life. And I am also sure that this is the best feel good thing to do. It changes your perspective in life as well. At some point you have to look beyond material wealth and personal interest.

No comments: