Sunday, July 08, 2012

My Beginnings, My Forevers


Baby Sis said that it takes 3 weeks to break a bad habit, well…it takes me 3 weeks to break my routine. I dare not say that I have settle in well into G13 environment yet; but I am getting better and I am certainly getting there. Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD – for Leonardo. Leonardo may not have helped me to settle down socially; but in terms of work – Leonardo have certainly help me in many ways. Imagine, it is your Boss who is running the report for you. I am so pai seh. Usually, it is suppose to be the other way around :) Leonardo has been very patient with me and understands my frustrations. I wanted to move faster, but it was Leonardo who asks me to slow it down a little and to take things step by step.

I know that the road ahead of me – challenges are aplenty. Priorities will be Assortment Review, Planogram & Back To School Promotion. I will never be able to match up to Jonas’s 8 years of excellent experience in the Stationery Department; with the Suppliers, with the Store Team and with the Top Management. I don’t think I can even move out from Jonas’s shadow yet. And I don’t want to compete with Jonas either, that is surely the wrong approach. But I know that the stakes are very high because Jonas wants and have to prove to the whole wide world that Jones make the right choice of joining the French, Leonardo was wrong in not siding with Jonas and I have made the wrong move by shifting to G13. Well, whatever it is – me being me – I will just enjoy the whole work process & life :) Why do I need to waste my time to compete with someone who is approaching things from the wrong perspective? Even though…I am very determine to add value & contribute to Leonardo’s division.

Nonetheless, in my quest for success at a professional & personal level - I will continue to plan, to execute the plan, to change the plan when necessary to suit the changing situations. I will continue to read, read and read. Read all the time. Be curious about the world around me. Try to keep up with the latest in technology and business, the latest trends and the geo-political changes too. Never be too proud to learn from others. But on the other hand, do not follow blindly either. I will be wary of making compromises; on my values and beliefs which will be tested every day. I will have a clear conscience in what I do as I have to face the mirror every day. I will not let praises to go to my head nor do criticisms to weigh me down. Whether I have achieved material successes or not, I will live simply and shun extravagance and arrogance. Do not lose all that I have achieved because I was resting on my laurels. What happens when that laurel wilts? I will be humble and reach out to those less fortunate than myself. My success is an obligation and a responsibility to my society & to GOD and it is only when I give back to the society that I am truly successful. Who knows, 5 years down the road – I might say that I want to quit this retailing job and get into people leadership & development :)

Keep Going. All Is Well. I Am Awesome :)

No comments: