Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Evens & Odds


Legoland Malaysia – the latest & newest theme park from Denmark is finally here. I was there with Faith, Jane & Cindy – mutual friends of Stephanie’s. Indeed, as my circle of friends is getting smaller, it’s indeed the right time to search and mix with new acquaintances :) It’s weird how fate brings people into our lives. Still, the idea of travelling with a bunch of strangers was something I’ve never done before. I was mentally prepared that everyone I meet would be fake, awkward and mean. Just in case :)

It was a good road trip; we put up a 2 nights stay at the Tune Hotel in Danga Bay. Legoland is awesome, but it was very hot & humid. Full of people, long queues everywhere. I guess because it’s a new theme park, the trees; even though they are tall enough, but they were not shady sufficiently. I advise that people should visit Legoland once it’s ready. The hotel is still in construction, the indoor theme park is not completed yet, only the outdoor theme park is ready. Thus, it’s not really worth the money. We were lucky because Faith’s father works in MayBank (one of their co-branding partners) – thus we are entitle to 35% discount where we only pay RM91. I would say that the theme park is very suitable for families with young children. There are so many playgrounds and play areas. For the adults, there are only 2 thrilling roller-coaster rides, a 4D short animation studio and the Lego Mini City. The Legoland was built according to its original concepts of Lego City, Lego Jungle, Lego Castle and Duplo. Which is good because it sticks closely to its origins. However, Lego is also closely associated with Ninjago, Harry Potter, Star Wars but the management didn’t build the attractions surrounding these themes. I know that I will enjoy it very much. Nonetheless, the kid in me enjoys all of the magnetism that it offers :)

It was a simple and easy holiday, but we all had a fantastic time! :) We were also blessed with glorious weather.

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’re been taking – Earl Wilson

No comments: