Sunday, December 02, 2012

Sunshine & City Lights


Desa Park City Run 2012 – my second run of the year :) Better timing improvement this time around. I did 45 minutes in my first Standard Chartered 5KM run; this time around I manage to do a 40 minutes for the same length. Even though its 5 minutes of time improvement, nonetheless it was a tiny achievement for me. Sometimes, life is about celebrating personal milestones and goals, no matter how big or small they are.

I can feel the excitement and courage of pushing myself mentally and physically. Overcoming my fears, self-doubts and anxieties. Mixed up with feelings of drive, pain, consistency, discipline and euphoria. The journey has been amazing so far! I think I could have done better if James & I were not late. First, we were late. Secondly, the bloody car park was so far from the starting line…so I have already used up at least a quarter of my energy just by walking from the car park to the starting line. I am just glad that I finish the run. It was a mixture of jogging, running, sprinting, brisk walk and walking all roll into one. When you are running, heaving & puffing for air - it was a senseless and terrifying moments of running. Where your brain, heart and breathing all seem to stop. Where you see everything, but don’t process anything. Where you feel like you’re moving in slow motion. But I had a great time :)

Today, I also realized that the best part of my run is the view. Desa Park City is such a beautiful place to live in. The houses are so spacious and nicely design. There are so many greens around, there is the lake & park, the community mall, the gourmet eateries, nice looking people walking their dogs…too bad, it’s an address that I cannot afford in my life time :) During my run – deep down – I think I’m a terrible runner because I’m always looking around. I TOTALLY have no focus! I notice the texture of the grass, the way the light hits the leaves, the shape of the trees & its branches, whether the trees have flowered and what species they are, the birds darting across on my left, the number plate of the van that drove past, what brands of shoes that the majority of people are wearing, their tired faces, mens with their six-packs…it’s visual white noise. But I love it :) After the run, James & I had a big and hearty breakfast of freshly brewed coffee, oily mamak mee goreng and warm toasted bread with kaya :) Ahh, this life is simply amazing :)

No comments: