Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Universe Docs


La Cocina - dinner with Victoria & James. A very nice & cozy place. It was established since 2001 in Subang Jaya. Their paella, tapas and sangria was excellent too. They serve authentic Spanish cuisine. They also have a Wine Bar above the Restaurant. It is well stocked with a wine cellar, whiskies, Cuban cigars, pools, darts & karaoke. Awesome :)

We talked a lot. Mostly surrounding on the latest developments of Aeon Big. The new management has also introduced that every first Monday of the month morning assembly to instill patriotism. The Japanese have been slow & steady. Can see that both Victoria & James are very concern & worried, even though they try not to show it in front of me.

Before I left the French, I have been encouraging Victoria to leave the HouseBrand Department and join Team Baz. Victoria was hired by Snow Petrol to be a buyer, however with a twist of fate; Victoria was landed in another department. I have been encouraging Victoria to take up the vacant Stationery Buyer post or Celtic’s position or to join my team as a Toy Buyer. During that time, I already knew that I wanted to leave, but as I wanted to be a little bit “Yee Hei” and the offers that are pouring in were not my cup of tea – I decide to stay for a little while and help Stewart to organize the team as much as possible. I finished up all of the D33 2012 contact negotiations, the Mid Valley Revamping and the Assortment & Planogram review. All of the major tasks have been completed. Additionally, both William & Henry have also been settling down pretty well. So, my plan was even when I couldn’t get a job, the worst case scenario would be for me to take a 3 months holiday break (I will tender my letter somewhere in June or July and my estimated last day should be somewhere in September) and start all over again in 2013. However, GOD has blessed me very wonderfully indeed because I get to recover fast. Thus, in the midst of it all, I have planned for a succession planning for D33. Even though, there is no new Division Manager for D33, at least all of the buyers are in place and can help Stewart. However, Victoria is still loyal to the HouseBrand label. As for James, having an accounting background will continue to ensure that he will gain employment no matter where he is.

Now, looking at both of them, I feel so blessed and thankful for being alive, for leaving the French earlier and are in the G13 camp. Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD. These 2 individuals are one of those people who have been very supportive in my career and I wish them both all the best. I’m completely open. I’m honest about the journey I’ve been on. As the year ends, I also don’t like to whine about all of the stuff that make us feel frustrated and stressed out because we’ve had our share of good blessings as well and I feel it’s more appropriate to focus on the good stuff moving forward.

The fact that the French is being sold is also not a bad thing as well. Instead of continuing running around like a headless chicken, it is good that stability, a clear direction, precise strategies will finally reign over them. Everyone and everything will be given a new confidence booster.

Come to think of it - the prospect of me heading back there one day – you can never say never :) I’ve had a great time and I think it will always be my home. I’ll always look at it as where I’ve come from and going back there would be nice one day. IF. But I want to go and experience some things for a bit. It’s almost like leaving home and going travelling. But I’m doing it with a different company. I’m really really happy about it. You can’t live with regrets in your life. You have to make a decision and stick with it. Whether it’s right or wrong, you just have to make the most of it, stick to your guns and hope you can turn it around or turn it into a positive :) I've never been more grateful, inspired, nor had more conviction about what I was doing :)

No comments: