Monday, December 31, 2012

Complete Works


:) Yup, today is the day – the eve of the New Year 2013. Oh boy, how times flies. It’s a time to reflect about the year that has just passed, and a time to look forward to the year that is ahead. It’s a time for giving and receiving. For parties and get-togethers, but also a time for finding solitude. It’s a time for taking breaks, but also everything that is going at top speed. It’s about family and friends. Faith and food. Laughter and the last-minute dash for finishing work and holiday shopping. I do cherish the chance to think about the different highlights and challenges that I’ve had this year. Yes, even if some of those memories may not always be pleasant. To me, it’s a good time to celebrate the milestones & opportunities, but also to find a way to leave the difficult moments behind and move my life forward. To enjoy the joyful times and to forgive hurts. To let go of pain and to be grateful for life’s wins. This is the time of the year where I pause and do a lot of reading and writing. Not just for reflecting on the past, but also for anticipating the future. This always brings everything back into perspective.

So yeah, even as I write this post, I am sitting here, marveling at the year that I’ve lived. It’s amazing how the setbacks in my life can be buried if I focus on all of the good stuff that has happened to me. It was enjoyable but extremely challenging. It forced me to look at the light and the pretty things in life every day.

Tomorrow, as the sun rise to welcome the New Year – more challenges will plough my way. I am not sure whether I have sufficient courage left in this body of mine to face them, but I will face them. I know that it sounds a bit silly, but I know that I will weather them well with GOD in my life and life will still be great :) After all, I did survived the end of the world right? :)

What a year indeed. Bring it on, 2013…I am ready to do Battle & Be Brave. 2013 will be a year where I will live up to my full potential (in my career, in my community connections, in my friendship, in love, with my family, my Me Time, my relaxation & in spirituality), share more, eat fresh, healthy & delicious food, workout, make time for important & people stuff, I will listen (as in really listen) to others & to my heart, grin more, I will grow my blog, remember names & faces, drink good coffee, learn new stuff (cooking), create stuff bravely, make new mistakes (and learn from them) and love it all. 2013 will be an amazing year :)

That’s a wrap :)

If I’m scared, be scared. Allow it. Release it – Beyonce

No comments: