Monday, February 04, 2019

Asking God First




Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

At times I've wanted desperately to know exactly what God wanted me to do - such as which job to take. Praying for guidance and reading the Bible didn't reveal any specific answers. But one answer was clear: I was to trust in the Lord, take delight in Him, and commit my way to Him.

That's when I realized that God usually gives us the freedom of choice - if we first seek to put His ways before our own. That means dropping choices that are plainly wrong or would not please Him. It might be something immoral, ungodly or unhelpful toward our relationship with Him. If the remaining options please God, then we're free to choose from them. Our loving Father wants to give us the desires of our hearts - hearts that take delight in Him.

No comments: