Saturday, February 09, 2008

a girl trying to find herself and an online repository to bear witness


Here are 10 little things that make me happy:

When the baby of a stranger, smiles at me.
When people say ‘Thank You’ sincerely.
Early morning dim sum breakfasts with my family.
See raindrops fall from beneath a transparent umbrella.
Calls/Emails/SMSs from friends I haven’t seen in awhile.
Driving home with all the traffic lights on green.
Chocolate ice cream + Egg tarts + Sushi.
Catch a movie with dear friends.
Shopping.
Walking around Ikea :)

I know that I have been emphasizing a lot on ‘HAPPYNESS’ in my blog this year.
I guess it’s important to be HAPPY in all aspects in our everyday life. I lost my time in the last 9 months, so I’m playing catch-up. The last 9 months was spent on dealing with depression, self-doubt and having self-esteem issues. Of course, I will always have those moments where I will go back into my little black hole, and this is something where everyone will have days like that. I just want to be happy when experiencing such learning curve again this year.

So, it really starts with myself first and foremost. I had to see myself in a different light for one, to start to like myself; when I didn’t before, to learn to love myself, to stop letting myself get into situations in relationships that weren’t very healthy for me. I have to loosen my grip.
Through all these toil, I’ve realized that we’re not really the ones that are in control in certain things. It’s truly coming from GOD. He’s the main one that’s in control of it all.
Maybe I’ve become a little bit more of a believer :)

This blog has narrated my journey, since I arrived home in Malaysia (2005) after those arduous but wonderful years in Perth, right up till the point of my graduation and this seems like a good place to slot in a happy ending and close that chapter.
When they said university would be the best days of your life...they were pretty much spot on.
2 years in Olympia and another 2 years in Murdoch have had their ups and downs, and thankfully the scales are tipped on the side of the ups!
Then comes the corporate world…and this blog has been following all of it silently.

The Fluke & Flux Of Yingze’s Life has been a neat little alcove of some of my best writings and some of my worst ramblings, and although I don't think I'll ever stop writing, I do believe it's time for a new phase of my life to begin and with that comes a change of scenery and a fresh canvas to start on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooow!!!! new colours! nice and bright girl i really like it.

one of my friends here started a journal for writing in something she's thankful for each day. i thought it was a great idea =)