Tuesday, February 19, 2008

...janji tinggal janiji...

It just cross my mind today…

Why I love this place so much and harboring hopes that I will return there someday.
Not now…but someday.

(1) Perth has a population of 1.5million. The whole city and metropolitan area is very flat and well-spread out, thus visitors are often struck by all the BIG WIDE OPEN SPACES.

(2) Perth is a very pretty city, with lots of gorgeous views. Perth’s main aspect is the Swan River. It weaves from the Port of Fremantle, alongside the City Centre, then into the hills.

(3) Perth also has great beaches. Clean sand and water. No pollution. Parking is free. Sunsets over the Indian Ocean are spectacular.

(4) The Perth atmosphere is generally very relaxed and laid back. There is none of the big city crowds, big city density, big city rushing-around attitudes and crazy traffic jams.

(5) For MOST people who work an office job, hours are usually from 8am – 5pm.

(6) Perth is extremely multicultural. I believe all the cultures are better integrated into mainstream society, as there are no large ghettos or racial precincts.

(7) As for racism, there will always be a drunken idiot with a loud mouth anywhere in the world. I have lived in Perth for 2 years and I’ve never been racially harassed where I felt threatened.

(8) Average temperature in summer is about 29°C (84.2°F). The hottest it gets is around 40s (104°F).

(9) Average temperature in winter is about 18°C (64.4 °F). The coldest it can get during the day is around 9°C (48.2 °F).

But in Perth, you can pretty much spend a whole week being out and about having a great time, and not be bothered by any of it. So I think that’s what people mean by, “Perth is very quiet”.

Meanwhile, I can only continue what I do best. Work and live :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Yingze,

Just reading this makes me want to leave everything and go to perth... and i haven't been there before.. but you describe it so well that i could imagine myself being there
hahaha.. tlak about over active imagination.. huhu

i'm no sure if it's too late... but i really forgot to wish you
"GONG XI FA CAI"
i'm sure you had a blast...

nice new layout for your blog by the way... love it :D

Anonymous said...

Hi,

ive been reading ur blog and now i going for a trip to perth alone. can i ask you about the place there? cause i know nuts abt the place and i have not booked a hotel. do you care to tell me more about the perth?

please email me or add me in msn at my_ladypeace@hotmail.com