Sunday, February 08, 2009

the ballads of Bowen

CRUSH: Crystal Hubbard.
Just finished my first book of 2009 :)


It’s a story about sportswriter Miranda Penny (who is of African-American-Brazilian descent) who writes about balls and big sticks; who finds herself unexpectedly falling in love with Welsh rock star Lucas Fletcher. No stranger to the pitfalls of dating a celebrity, Miranda would rather shun true love than risk having her heart broken by the one man with whom she might find it. She finds both of their careers are risky as they are surrounded by gorgeous, sexy, wealthy men and women which offer tons of lust & temptations everywhere they goes. So this is where the hero comes in and is very determined to teach Miranda about trust and fidelity.

It’s truly reflect the actual world of the entertainment industry. People in this line of work – is not conducive to monogamous relationships :) It’s a very light book to read, truly enjoyable, no dull bits, the love scenes detailing was great (the written words make it so arty and the passionate love-making process is just so beautiful) and the one liners from the supporting cast was witty & funny. All of the characters were suitably developed and straightforward, which made the narrative easy to follow. Life imitating art or is art imitating life? If this book is being adapted to the big screen – I think Jon Bon Jovi and Eva Mendes will fit into the lead parts very nicely. They make a beautiful pair.

I love reading. I like reading from all genres. Trashy chick-lit, hardcore sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, crime, classics and comics. I think life is too short to read crap books; so I only read books that come highly recommended. Read as much as you can; filling your brain with knowledge, studies, different opinions and anecdotes. And I believe you should keep an open mind as well.


**Stephen Gordon Waldock. I don’t know why all of a sudden this name cross my mind. It has been 4 years. I will always treasure those first experiences :) For what it's worth, I did actually love him. I’m one lucky woman. I’m eager to try again!

No comments: