Saturday, February 21, 2009

nothing and everything had changed

Work Tales – on Thursday & Friday respectively; I’ve worked till 12am because the team hadn’t got the assortment right for USJ 19. I only have 5 elements, but I have been adding, eliminating, changing, improvising, compacting and optimizing the range since December last year and still cannot get the variants right as per the management expectations. This mini-hyper format is sure is challenging. (Yawn). I’m so tired :) Lots have happen. Targets are still unmet and for the most part the market is still very soft. Things are taking longer to materialize, problems are coming in non-stop. The bicycles issues at Kappel, the high stock value at IDS, the Nautism contract, money drying up, the Golf Counter in Tropicana etc etc. I spent sleepless nights worrying.
I even brought my work back home with me. I know it's the weekend; but I just had to! I'm so ridiculously addicted to my job! I'm hopeless :)

“You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be or could be; the white dress, the prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete & utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Prince Charming, they were so close; you could taste them. But eventually as you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and the people that they can trust. But the thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith…that one day they will open their eyes and it will all come true”

No comments: