Sunday, February 22, 2009

my sunday little adventure

driving down to Bangsar with Baby Sis. The purpose was to look at the house that Baby Sis will be renting with her college mates. Yup, my baby sister is moving out and up :) It’s her decision, it’s her call. She is already an adult; she knows what is black, what is white and what is grey. I will support her emotionally and financially all the way. I don’t want her to go through what I have been through. I also don’t want her to spend her university days worrying about money. Feeling guilty. To me, that is not an ideal way to spend the most crucial stage in your life. I don’t want that guilty feeling to haunt the rest of her life like it haunts me. I take the responsibility that my family couldn’t own a bigger house because my Pa uses his money to support my education in Perth. But I have no regrets. It was the best time of my life :)
It was a townhouse, with lots of stairs…the price range is slightly pricey, but hey – it’s a Bangsar address, what do you expect…3 well-sized bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a kitchen, the house was not on a busy road, not near power lines, near shopping centers, no garden (all is concrete tiles, so it’s easier for them to maintain) and the place is clean. Plus, there are police officers on motorbikes that patrol the roads frequently too. I think it was a good fine. Nice residential area. I am going to miss her lots :) All by myself! *sob*sob*



the toll on the Federal Highway


entering the KL border






lunchtime burgers at DaraBif in Hartamas. I had their popular Lamb Glam Burger and it was yummy. I peeled open the wrapper and breathed in the mix of soaking rich velvety aromas. They were immaculate :)
Then we went shopping, hoping to catch some good buys from those independent labels. I began to develop a liking for independent labels design because their designs are unique, one of a kind and not mass produced. Totally a fan right now of Blook, Cats Whiskers and Little Black Book. Their clothes are classically stylish - minimal, slightly embellished, neutrals, simple but unique designs with timeless fabrics. Heaps of originality too! And I bought a very nice top for only RM 10! :) And these small independent boutiques also have well-kept stocks of a great range of party dresses, simple dresses, stylish evening gowns and standout designer dresses. Definitely the place to go if you’re looking for a great outfit for a special occasion. I liked so many of them! Plus a really nice range of handbags, heels, gorgeous designer jewellery and other cool accessories. I really enjoyed being in these shops. There is a “homegrown and proud of it” feel about it.

going home. Today’s driving adventure is something new for me for this month of February because this is my first time driving down to Bangsar and Hartamas. I have been spoilt rotten by my friends all these while who always volunteer to drive me around :)

i look back on my life, and wonder…

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! your sister is going to college already?! where is she going to. can't believe she's moving out =( so she's all grown up now. =) i guess the apron strings have to be loosened up soon.