Sunday, September 06, 2009

chasing the sun

My School Break = RM43k
Go Outdoors = RM95k
I admit that they are not great numbers (even Iron Butterfly dismisses them)...but at the very least (to me); both of these Press Ad Campaign of mine manages to generate an additional sales income of RM138k for the stores & for myself. This fasting month have been a very difficult period for all of us. No Sales!! The Muslims community is fasting during this holy month, thus they don't play any sports and limit their outdoor activities during this period of time & mothers around the country are not letting their young broods out from their house due to H1N1 infections :(
I know that LIFE is a JOURNEY. There are UPS and there are DOWNS. As much as I don't quite look forward to the challenging DOWN moments, the reality is; it's part and parcel of our life. And I'm constantly being reminded again and again that what's more important is 'HOW WE RESPOND TO IT' when we go through those tough moments in our life.
These are the moments when I really felt incapable. Helpless. Discouraged. I want to win the sales battle badly but I know that I can't because even though the internal circumstances have been very supportive but it is the external circumstances (which I have no control of) that proves otherwise. I'm too responsible & overly committed I tell you. So yeah, I'm in a constant state of exhaustion lately.
I prayed and I asked for strength & wisdom. Nothing more. I'm very very thankful of GOD's rich blessings upon me. I just feel very guilty at times that my attitude, behavior and thinking do not truly reflect the pure Christian's teachings. I'm a sleeping church member, an in-active church-goer but I know that GOD is with me and loves me. There's always hope at the end of all the struggles. Just like how there'll be clear skies after the rain. And you know what, that was what kept me going, knowing that my struggles won't last forever (though it might feel like forever at that time). It's like a circle. After passing 1 test, I began to think that I can handle another bigger test.
I'm learning. Learning to go through the downs in my life with the right responce and the right attitude & treasure every single thing that happens in my life. Both the ups and downs :)

No comments: