Saturday, September 19, 2009

rule the court

Raya is tomorrow :) Yay! Really looking forward to the long weekend.

Work Tales - This week was another busy week for me. After wrapping up the Subang revamping project, it was off to THO. Visited the site, co-ordinating with the Suppliers, the COP team, the Store people, assortment review, implantation, inter-store transfer, got into a very heated argument with Iron Butterfly etc. I agree to disagree and I disagree to agree with Iron Butterfly. As with any new projects, I have learnt to trust my instincts, rely on datas generated and always plan, plan, plan to keep the business running financially and, in turn; to enable it to grow. However, Iron Butterfly have also been drilling me that I should be more open to new ideas and partnerships as not everything will always pan out as you may have imagined. Iron Butterfly have never ever stands on my side, have never been supportive or understanding, appreciative or acknowledging of my being. It is always the Top 6. I am an abandon child :) I'm not craving for attention, compliments or praises. Criticize with justification, with facts & figures, not for the sake of criticizing. I guess all bosses are like that. When the things are so perfect, they will still find something negative to comment about.

Sigh; at times it's so difficult trying to make wise decisions without having ample time to think things through. I wouldn't say I have blundered everything; but most of the time I find ways of improving my decisions only after they've been made :) *Argh* Of course, I try my best to consult my family, my seniors, industry veterans before doing anything drastic; but the truth is...nobody have the time to permanently be focused on my worries & problems. Armed with every valuable 2 cent's worth I gather; I have to make the final choice; and damn it isn't easy when I'm juggling with so many responsibilities. I just go with faiths and facts. I'm a hard worker, not so much an opportunist. Well, it's nice to know that I still have the energy to do these crazy tasks when it is required.


Then The French also organized the Majlis Berbuka Puasa - a gathering for the head office people. The food was delicious; I basically stood around with my fellow comrades, gossiping and giggling :) Then there was the bbq dinner at Iron Butterfly's house. Followed by a lunch date with Trix and Damien at Sakae Sushi. It was a foodie week as well :)

So, overall; I'm pretty tired and sleepy. Looking back - the last few months have been a very very difficult time for me - both professionally and personally. And, that sort of things affects me in many ways. Including not knowing how to have fun in different aspects of my life. So, I will use this long holiday wisely. I have realized that my situation is not a 'crossroad of life' scenario.

GaGa is sick :( Clutch problem.
Papa is also unwell. Baby Sis is also physically not fit. Mum is also very tired.
Heal the family GOD!

No comments: