Saturday, September 05, 2009

"we're still going stronger than ever"

Troy was in town over the weekend :) As usual, we makan-makan...we had our big breakfast in Paddington House Of Pancakes and then a small lunch at IKEA...chatting about clothes, siblings, work and life :)

I met Troy in 2003 when we were studying in Murdoch University; South Street Campus. We came back to KL in 2005, Troy then moved back to Setiawan to take care of the family shipping business...it's really amazing how we can sustain our friendship all these years with a distance gap between us. We sent each other text messages, letters, emails, phone calls and occasionally (if the time permits) Troy will drop by.

Our personalities were too different to begin with. Troy stays indoors. I stay curious about what the outside world has to offer. Troy prefers staying within the comfort zone. I am constantly thinking up of new adventures and ideas on what to do next. Ultimately, we are two very different people, with drastically different lifestyles, different ideals, different philosophies and different aims in life. But what makes us click? We don't have a clue :) But I guess we share the same values & feelings towards things like family, friends, health, work, money, stress, holidays, how we spend our time and future plans.
We had our moments of happyness :)

And as for romance - surprisingly it's not my parents that are bugging me with this issue but my dear concern colleagues at work. I guess I'm just not the type of person who is suitable to be in a relationship with anyone at this point of time. There are still so many things that I want to do, so many goals I want to acheive, so many places I want to travel to before I settle down. Maintaining a relationship wouldn't be at the top of my list, and it's very unfair to ask anyone to put up with that. Perhaps when I've done all that I wanna do, without restrictions, only then will I re-examine my priorities. Herein also lies the problem. At 27 years of age, not only is marriage is the last thing on my mind, I'm not even actively out there looking for a partner :)

No comments: