Wednesday, November 11, 2009

new invincibles

The days have been getting more and more hectic as I venture in deeper into my business plans...have to start planning and strategizing the road map, the categories direction, the portfolio clusterization and the suppliers negotiation for 2010. Truth to be told; I'm almost afraid to look at what's coming straight at me right now, but if my eye's are shut, they're going to hit me right in the face. Haha! Consequences and responsibilities that comes hand in hand with business growth which shows no mercy. Especially to unsuspecting little lamb-first timers like me. I'm going to be okay...I know it :) Here, life is a journey, not a competition.

This department is not easy to handle, even Atticus took the most drastic decision to eliminate the Big Fitness & Adult Bicycles lines. There are just too many problems & issues ranging from display, decote, breakage, high stock days, huge stock value, customers demand, spare parts availability, repair, services & maintenance etc. Headache! Arrgh! :)

Only another 2 more months left...but this November & December are the most critical months for D33. I have been motivating, pushing my people to do as much sales as possible. My bonuses are all gone because I failed all of the KPI :) but I do want them to get their well-deserve rewards. I know that their confidence have been bruised, dented and even dissappointed. Mine too. No matter how much we do, the effort does not produce the desire results. I am doing as much as I can. I don't even know what else to do anymore. I am being rational and logical here - customers will buy A4 copier papers more or fitness bike more? Which will generate more sales - RM9.90 plastic storage box or RM99.90 12" Children BMX Bike? Fast moving items flying off the shelves - Papermate blue pen or sleeping bag? Bazaar Seasonal Alley Planning - everyone overlook the School Holiday Event this year...instead the plan was for Christmas Toys, Back To School and 2010 Chinese New Year. I even have to fight for floor space! Iron Butterfly can even suggest that I should give way! Yeah, I'm not Iron Butterfly's pet like Celtic, Matte-Marit, Stewart and Trix are :)
I'm slowly learning on how to deal with difficult situations and squirm away from crummy people who are being disturbingly unkind. Iron Butterfly thinks that I'm not doing anything at all, all day; I just sit on my ass and only do paper work stuffs. I'm not aggresive enough, I'm not demanding enough, I don't push hard enough. Perhaps, I do not know how to promote myself, I do not highlight my acheivements openly, I don't know how to polish other people's shoes :)
If the job is not well done - I will take the full responsibility, it is my fault, perhaps there are some skills that I am lacking, some new opportunities that I did not grasp in time, some areas that I overlooked...I will step down. I take the blame...but I'm not going to carry the whole weight of the stress. If I do...I'm going to get a heart attack very soon :)

No comments: