Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Color Purple

Cannot...I must excercise more. Focus, determination & discipline. I am very flabby everywhere; all over the place. I've gotten way out of shape and have probably neglected my health & fitness more than I should as a girl...no; as a woman in her late 20's! This is when I should be looking my best no? *sigh* I thought to myself...if this is my best, than...I better be fixing myself up a little bit while I still can!

I often choose to debate in my head that my working hours & my hectic merchandising job gives me all the excercise that I need; but it isn't long before that I have to admit to myself that it's a different form of activity altogether. It's taken me a while and many low times to bring me back to realization that priorities - just like life; is ever changing...and I suppose I didn't get the memo to have mine updated in the past few years *tsk tsk* Maybe there was a reminder - but i was being ignorant and in denial :)

I hadn't actually make a physical list of all the things which I should be re-adjusting (and they've naturally fallen into place after a fair number of harsh lessons that I had learnt along the way) - right now; it really should be about ME, adventure and a good understanding of strong basics in life. That would mean - good physical health (mentally, emotionally & spiritually as well), happy relationships with family + friends, opportunities and lots of new & exciting explorations.

I had misunderstood all of that for W.O.R.K. My job has become my life. Well, work and career...are two words which are often interwined and incorrectly assumed. I've learnt that in order to acheive your dream career - work is inevitable, but by no means does that equate to: by merely doing the work, a dream career will lay itself on my doorstep. I often have so much to do; it's easy to forget to dream. I dream a lot. I used to. It fed my passion.

No comments: