Saturday, December 19, 2009

Green Wave

Bicycle Fair (my final column press ad & the 18th for the year) - RM21K.

Nego 2010 - I need to balance the creative direction with commercial appeal. I need to be more mindful of the budgets and the financial quantity & sales forecasts. Being more strategic with returns on investments of money & time. Assured & secured of the front margin and the back margin. At the end of the day, it's all about making money. We're a business after all. And I know I will have a very hard time bargaining with my suppliers. It's going to be an uphill battle - a fight between David & Goliath. Sometimes, Iron Butterfly & Rufus are being very unfair to me as well, with less purchase & mailer participation - yet I have to deliver higher fees than this year. So sucky :(

I will be going on leave next week Wednesday & Thursday for Christmas...leaving the office in the most critical times...it's end of the year - I have closing & landing to do...but I have to let go...I have a life...I need to spend quality time with my family. I need to focus more on what's tangible than the intangible and not concrete ideals that I want to acheive. Sometimes, I forget as I let myself get caught up in the drama of work and the company.

I feel like next year is THE year - the year for me to be the best that I can be. I'm turning 28 and I haven't acheived half the things that I've wanted to do in my life yet. And the truth is, it's possible to do whatever I want to do, it just takes a lot of hard work, focus, discipline and determination. Hopefully, next year will be the year where all my dreams will come true. Next year, I've set myself up to learn more, to gain more wisdom and to improve in all areas that I've always lagged in.

No comments: