Saturday, December 05, 2009

reconnecting with old friends


M13 Alumni Gathering, Melting Pot Cafe, Concord Hotel Shah Alam - you guys rock! :)
Even though, it was not a large crowd but the numbers is just good enough for a starter. Damian, Trix, Torres, Amadeo, Chihiro, Pietro, Alex, Charis, Mel Jag, Miss Klein and many more was in da'house. We talked, giggled, teased, ate, talked some more, laughed, joked, took loads of photos, gossiped, ranted, raved, drove each other a bit insane, and yes...talked even more :) Thanks to Trix & Mel Jag (the Organizers) and also the Connectors. Connectors are people who don't only know a lot of people - they love introducing who they know to each other, one way or another. They take joy in the whole process of making a difference by connecting people. That's why if you have a connector in your life, you will defnitely find yourself blessed with all sorts of things. If you don't have a connector just yet, go and find one - you'll see how great it is to have one (or more) in your life. And, if you're a connector yourself - good on 'ya. You're a rare breed who can bring a lot of interesting things into the lives of people you come across.
Memory is a funny thing. I have mental snapshots of people, faces, rooms, corridors, laughter, voices, documents and endless beautiful M13 moments & magic; all frozen and hazy whilst embedded in 2 years of grey matter; and all about to be transformed by the reality of time.
Although this whole thing is very exciting, I feel as though a part of me - they're still my friends but I can't help but feel that we've grown apart in some ways and have got settled into our own lives. I've said many times that a good relationship is like a duck. Everything may look smooth but underneath it all, you've got to paddle like hell :) This should come as no surprise to anyone who has ever been in a serious long-term relationship. As everyone knows, good relationships takes work. So, I've been pondering about what makes people click as friends...what makes friendship last...how do friendships work...can men & women be really "just friends"...how do you develop friendships...what makes a friend a real friend...well, you get the picture.
So, my M13 reunion didn't change my life. It didn't shake the foundation of my youth. And I don't really feel like a transformed person because of it.
So yes, my friends; thanks again for a gorgeous, memorable weekend. I'm already looking forward to the next get-together :)

No comments: