Sunday, April 04, 2010

an individual journey as a soldier

Work Tales - lunch with Snow Petrol, Felix & the full SoftLine Team :( I think I'm getting more and more anti-social as time goes on. Snow Petrol jokingly & loudly said during the meal: 'No Sales, No Food' :( In other words...if you don't show your numbers, you'll need to answer for it and you ain't getting anything else. Anyway, the lunch wasn't particularly interesting. It was very, very, very dry and not at all appetizing.

I am very tired with the management demands. I know it's not Iron Butterfly's fault. Iron Butterfly is just doing the job, what is rerquired of the position. But the work demands, it's as though I've to answer my life to them, like they're the stakeholders in my life somehow. I know that sales figures & performances are important but I don't like the way it's done, and I avoid it at all cost. I don't mess around with their work, or demand to know each and every detail. Just pains me that they feel as though they've a right to know & the approach is acceptable. They don't. Not to me. I'm not the most ambitious guy. I like playing the best friend. It's good to be the lead once in a while. I like my role the way it is.

'Do not fear the fear of failure. Do not fear to take chances. Do not fear of making mistakes that will shatter your confidence and fill you with doubts. You have to take a chance on life. When one door closes another opens but you have to look for that open door and not remain fixated on the closed door. Move on, you have done what you can. Learn from it and that will give you the confidence in the next venture' - UnKnown.

1 comment:

cfm said...

yeah, the whole numbers game =(

i think the whole anti-social thing for me is only for people that i can't be comfortable with....if you know what i mean =)