Monday, July 12, 2010

'the days are long but the years go by fast'

Fong Lye Tea House, The Gardens - Gathering with The Circle (Ivy, Jo, Chriss and Agnes & Chee Hoo). I had a great lunch with them, and it felt very good today. It was easy-going, comforting & relaxing. We nattered about everything & anything. Chriss and Agnes even brought their kids along. I remembered several years back, they were individuals in their early 20s, building their career in their respective professional field, gone through several bumpy relationships, traveled a bit, met a guy, fell in love and now they are married, moved house, had children and started a new life as a wife & mother; a companion and a nurturer. How time flies! :)

I think it's safe to say, we have arrive at a place where our friendships have gotten so much more dear and meaningful. And it's never been this good. At least, that's how it feels like to me right now. It feels absolutely fantastic. I cherish all of the relationships that I have. And I've learnt to give more, listen more and share more. I'm not perfect, and I hold faith in my loved ones that they know that too.

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart" - Elisabeth Foley

No comments: