Friday, September 02, 2011

100s & 1000s

Lunch with S – since it was Raya, all of the eating outlets in Shah Alam was closed, so the both of us hang out at McD; like how we used to do when we were in high school. Hanging out with my good friend is a nice reminder to myself because sometimes people forget that I am a NORMAL PERSON! I do have a life. I do have a personality outside of my work. And I DO like talking about things that are not work related. I’m a good friend, faithful, funny & a little bit clueless :) Friendship is a very strong theme for me, especially over the last few years where I have gained and lost a number of friends and so-called friends. My take on friendship:

(1) Different friendships represent different parts of our lives. Some parts may not even be present before we develop this friendship.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive" – Anais Nin.

(2) Real friendships grow with you. They know you and accept you at all stages of life. And, they never ask you to stop evolving.
"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently invites you to grow" – Dianne Hales.

(3) Although it may seem easy to find friends when good times come along, it’s actually when bad things happen where you’d find your REAL friends.
"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends" – John Churton Collins.

(4) Real friends survive the test of time, distance, and long periods of silence.
"It’s been said that friends can go for long periods of time without speaking and yet never question the friendship. These friends pick up where they left off like they just spoke yesterday, despite the time and how far away they live from each other. They don’t hold grudges; they understand that life is busy and that you will ALWAYS love them" – UnKnown.

Final words on friendship in this post:
(5) I’ve been told by people who know me well that whilst I have learned to enjoy big social interactions and gatherings, I’m actually really choosy with whom I spend my time with. So, if I spend any significant time with anyone, chances are, I really like them :)
"I just do not hang around anybody that I don’t want to be with. Period. For me, that’s been a blessing, and I can stay positive. I hang around people who are happy, who are growing, who want to learn, who don’t mind saying sorry or thank you and are having a fun time" – John Assaraf.

No comments: