Sunday, September 11, 2011

War and Peace – 9/11

Remembering September 11 ten years on.
September 11, 2001 changed the world as we knew it.
Almost 3,000 people lost their lives, and many more were injured in the terrorist attacks that struck America. With the tenth anniversary of that terrible day approaching, tributes are being held across the US. I think it’s very important for everyone to reflect, to remember and to unite on their way of life and their relations with others.

10 years back, when the event took place – I can’t exactly remember where I was when the incident happens. Maybe I was at home. I don't know. I can't recall. I was 19 years old at that time and was still studying at Olympia College. But I take notice that for the past 10 years, this one single event has changed the world’s political, social, economic & religion landscape dramatically every year since then. And I find that there are more negative impacts out there. And there are more to come.

"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world" – Socrates.

The Manhattan skyline before the terrorist attacks took place on the morning of September 11, 2001
More than 3,000 people were killed in the airline attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and in the crash of a fourth hijacked plane in Pennsylvania


Desolation after the collapse of the 2 towers


The Tribute In Light Memorial has shone behind the Statue of Liberty since 2002


New York's skyline today

1 comment:

C said...

the memorial light that shines from the ground up to the sky look like a passage way for those who died to go up to heaven. it may be very symbolic, but it gives us a sense of peace and coming to terms with what happened. it was such a bad day for everyone in the world...to know that such destruction can cause such harm to humanity.

i remember i was home and it was night-time, and i got a call from my mom saying that the towers had just been bombed or something. no one really knew what was happening so we went to my godmother's house to watch the news.

we were really worried because my family lives in NYC too - but later on we found out they were ok....they moved to new jersey after that. it's very sad because they had friends that worked there that never came out.

whatever happened to love around the world?