Friday, September 02, 2011

Friday Five

I have to go back to work on Monday :( Oh boy, my 1 week break should flies very fast.

I hope that the team, all of them returning back from their break will be rejuvenated, with fresh motivation & energy and will try to set an exclamation mark for the coming major festivals such as the Deepavali, Christmas & CNY 2012 where these are the peak season to do sales. OMG, another 5 more months and we will be celebrating the Chinese New Year! Ushering in the Year of the Dragon.

As for me, I will be facing...perhaps my biggest career challenge ever – something that makes me break into cold sweat and I know that all eyes will be on me to see whether I can turn a negative into something very positive. Not to mention, I will be receiving the August sales report, then I will know whether my furniture portfolio manage to close positive or negative for MTD and YTD. Yeah, I’m a little bit anxious about the whole outcome...its exhausting on an emotional level. What I do is I try to work hard, I try to enjoy what I do and that’s it. I have no dreams of being a Director. In fact, I feared promotions at times because it usually means I would have more responsibilities, and more responsibilities equal more stress. More stress equals the more time invested in solving problems. More time invested at work is less time living a life :) I just want to indulge myself a little in my search for knowledge. I have this dry well that thirsts for a bottle of pure distilled information & experience. I want to be able to laugh at my own incompetencies and mistakes. I just hope for the ability to keep working, to continue contributing. I love what I do, hope that I’ll be able to continue working for a very long time in the retail industry. I just got to the point where I realized the only way to look at life is to believe that everything that ever happens to you, is the best thing that’s ever happened to you :) Thank you GOD for always holding my hand and walking beside me.

But this Raya holiday is indeed a definitely time for a pause. I’ve been blessed with weekends crammed with family & friends activity, tasks to be done and a bit of lazy relaxation here & there. Plus spending some time alone with my own thoughts. I like to keep things balanced. I know how to enjoy my life; in my own way of course. Let me share with you a secret to making your life that little bit more fantastic, which is to applaud yourself on a regular basis (nobody has to know) and reward yourself with things you love every time you’ve done something commendable :) Of course, everyone has a different view on what is commendable and what is not. But hey, it works :) We have to accept that life sucks. Sometimes. We have to accept that hurt, pain and disappointment is part of our life. But do remember that at the end of the day, there is always a colorful rainbow waiting for us. This year was also the time when I had to strip things down to the core and learn to trust that if I do things that I love and things that make me happy, sure enough, even though it was once again a rough year, it was also a time when I was most attuned to my happiness. My bliss. I for one certainly believe that life could be a lot more pleasant and happier if I wasn’t so pessimistic and cynical. It was a nice little reminder to Be Positive.

No comments: