Sunday, November 06, 2011

DREAM HIGH

Thank you GOD, Praise to the LORD, Bless you GOD :) - every year on the 1st of November, I would marvel at how fast time has flown. It’s cliché but really, where has 2011 gone? October is also the month where I celebrated my 1 year anniversary of taking over the Furniture Department. Lots of ups & downs; but thank GOD - I managed to pull through every obstacles smoothly :) Another 55 more days to go, I will close my 2011 year and say hello to a brand new 2012 year. And like every year in November, I will be in a reflective, appreciative & grateful mode, looking back at 2011 and reminiscing about the days, but the truth is – 2011 was probably one of the best years of my career life since 2005 :) I get to travel – 4 times I get to be on the plane; flying to Yiwu in March, Guangzhou in April, Guangzhou again in October and Bangkok in October. I get to move my career forward; from Senior Category Manager to Trainee Division Manager :) I get to learn & experience lots; both professionally & personally. The support, help and encouragement from the suppliers, the store people, the top management and my fellow colleagues has been fantastic. Thank you GOD for placing these individuals in my life and this year, in you – I have found peace, inner calmness, balance, purpose and laughter. GOD, you also have help me to remove my fear, my hesitation and my procrastination…giving me the full strength, perseverance, courage, confidence, wisdom and common sense in leading my life this year. Your blessings this year for me have been absolutely amazing. They're really rainfalls from heaven :) Really, I’m joyful and I’m enjoying every day of what’s happening to me. I can’t ask for anything more. And I pray that this strong & good momentum will bring forward to next year and for many years as well :)

Even though my MTD & YTD sales are still down, but looking at the bright side of things…it could have been worst. As usual, my work will continue & always be this challenging and never-ending, whatsmore with the Shopping Mall Department working into my territory now and taken away my Sri Petaling & Subang Jaya counter stores. There will be more changes in my Mid Valley & Wangsa Maju stores as well…nonetheless; I believe with every problems, there are solutions in itself.

For next year, I should just resolve to live my life better. Continue to have faith in GOD & to believe in myself. Humility. No ego. No hang-ups. The ability to adapt to change. Decisive. Made rational decisions. To be brave to take the risks and to change the norm. Adding extra value to my life and everyone else. Always be positive. It will also be the time to love myself a little bit extra, and giving something back to myself. Life is much more fun that way. And live my dreams. I only get to live once, so I am going out there and do whatever I want. I only have one life - I shall make the most out of it.

Oh, and also to give back more…and to stop whining here and to document more good stuff & experiences :) And finally to be contented! No matter how much we have in life, it’ll never be great till the day we feel we have enough :)

Overall, I can definitely do with a 2011 year again. So bring on some more good stuff, 2012! :)

No comments: