Sunday, November 27, 2011

GOD’s Gift/Gracious Gift/Glorious Gift

This week is Thanksgiving week :)

There is so much for me to be thankful for. I’m thankful that I have a healthy body, that my family are in safe hands, I have a roof over my head, I have my own bed, I have food on the table, I have nice clothes to wear, I have a car to transport me anywhere, I have a job, I have sufficient income which allows me to save for the future & to pay for my current bills & expenses, I have families & friends by my side, I have laughter, joy, peace in my daily life…I’m also thankful for second chances. Because I’ve screwed up so many things in my life before. I am only where I am today because I was blessed with second, sometimes third chances…I’m thankful for all of the good people in my life. The ones that I love and who love me unconditionally. The ones who tolerate my shit and put up with my crazy ideas. The ones who always always forgive me for my mistakes.

I’ve concluded that it is best to be happy, to just accept what life has to offer, to go with the flow, keep my head held high, try my best in whatever I do, harm no one and hope no one harms me too :) Should I be lucky enough to stumble on pockets of pleasures along the way, I’m thankful and that’s happiness enough for me. Now when something good happens, I quietly cherish it. It is the small things these days that make me truly happy and which I long for more. Happiness is waking up to a perfect mug of MILO. Happiness is the knowledge that my family is safe. Happiness is that there is no traffic jams when going to work. Happiness is when all things go smoothly at work. Happiness is seeing my Store People can perform their jobs independently. Happiness is when my Suppliers & Store Team are being rewarded for all of their hard work. Happiness is when Liverpool wins their matches.

I used to be a lot greedier. In my teens & early 20s, I was preoccupied with why I wasn’t happier and how I could and should be happier. I had myriad reasons & excuses for not feeling on top of the world every single day – if only I was doing better in my job or earning more money or going for luxury vacation or having a wardrobe stashed with branded clothes or driving a BMW or a more beautiful, smoother face complexion :) When I was seriously hunting for happiness, I discovered that happiness was hard to sustain. Happiness is a moving target. Getting a much hoped for promotion at work might have brought happiness for a few days, but that joy faded very quickly and I was soon back to feeling vaguely dissatisfied again. After a while, the chase became meaningless. Why bother? Why let something that’s basically out of your control affect you that much? Does it matter truly? So, I just want to be happy…I'm generally happy every day of my life. I'm the sort of girl who makes the best out of every little thing about each day to convince myself; "Hey! This ain't so bad at all! In fact; this is great”! I’ve been feeling much better lately, and it’s a nice reminder that happiness is a daily commitment.

I will be thankful in all circumstances :)

No comments: