Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pencuri Yang Mencuri Impian

Yes, I have not been blogging diligently lately. There is just too much of issues that is going through my mind and additionally, there is also too much to do as well. Writing this blog is a commitment. Every input that I put into this site is a memory locked down. I may not remember what I did today next month. I’ll definitely not remember what I did today six months later. And there’s no way my memory can get better in a year’s time :) If I don’t have a blog, how will I remember all of the great and not-so-great emotions that I go through, the things that I do, the places that I went to, all of the good moments and not-so good moments that I’ve had, all of the amazing food that I ate, all of the crazy thoughts & dreams that I had, all of the worries, problems and dilemmas that I’ve encounter, my passion for Liverpool & football, saying my prayers & praises to GOD, my hopes & dreams and all of the little things that I’ve seen and marveled at in my life? :)

Whoever thinks that they can remember stuff without a blog or a journal is just being arrogant. And whoever thinks that not being able to remember the past stuff isn’t that big a deal is being ignorant. I can’t imagine not remembering how I lived my life because these days, the years fly by so fast. And trust me; it’s really nice to be able to remember your life in great detail because you wrote it down. Ten years from now, I will read my own words and know that I will have a small smile on my face. If I have children in the future, my children will read them and remember how they used to be :) My grandchildren will get to know me in a way that would otherwise be impossible :) It’s practically making history :)

When I first started a blog, it was the year 2005, the month of September and I had just graduated from Murdoch University, a freshie; a Management Trainee in a Dutch multinational retail company. I remembered it was a new, exciting & difficult time in my life as I just enter into another new phase of my life and I had started a blog to write down my feelings. The blog was private and I loved being able to rant and use expletives if I wanted to. Eventually, I realized that a private blog would turn me into a negative bitch of a person if I didn’t have anyone reading my words and I said stuff carelessly without having to take any real responsibility for it. Just a few months down the road, I would look back, read my own posts and cringe at the person that I had been :)

Fast forward, and my blog is still a private blog :) However, as I want to live my life better, where I want to be a better individual as I grow, I change the way I see things, my surroundings and my experiences. This is now the place where all of the most emotions and daily life experiences which are precious to me are stored. I take responsibility for every word and every picture that appears here. There is nothing journalistic about the way I write or the stuff that I talk about. I’m not a tourism board or a reviewer or trying to teach anyone to do anything. This is just a happy place, that’s all...for me :)

Most days, I write because I want to. I need to find the highlights of my every day and write it down. I want to count my blessings and thank GOD for everything. I worry that when I have nothing to write about. It means to me, that I’ve been living a life that was not worth talking about. Horrors! It would be time to do something about it. Of course, once in a while, I do get into a state of lethargy about writing and my brain gets a little stuck. Writer’s block. I start finding excuses about why I don’t feel like writing. Not enough material. No nice photos. Tired. Not in the mood. So yeah, writing a blog is a commitment. It’s like having a relationship. Or having children. You start it, and then you have to commit to it. You don’t write a blog because you have the time to. You write a blog when you want to.

No comments: