Monday, June 11, 2012

A Greater Glory

Snow White & The Huntsman – James & I were having 2 movie marathons on last Saturday afternoon at 1 Utama. Luckily, James pick the right seating location, thus it helps to eliminate all of our potential body aches. First, we watched Snow, then it was followed by Madagascar 3 :)

Snow White was an astounding movie from the technical aspects – I love the stunning visual and effects of the gothic imagery of the Dark Forest, the fairy tale-like Sanctuary and the very impressive transformations that the Evil Queen undergoes. And the Evil Queen has the most amazing wardrobe ever! The costume of the Evil Queen was absolutely grand & queenly as well. I am not a big fan of Kristen Stewart…I find her acting too stone…but Charlize Theron…oh mind…I fell in love with her character…she steal the show so well and basically overshadow everyone & everything. She was a fearsome queen, twisted, insecure and with just the right amount of vulnerability in her. As a matter of fact, I think if it weren’t for Charlize Theron, I think this movie would have been a flop. I feel pity for the Evil Queen…I truly understand that if one needs to be in power and authority, one have to be young and beautiful…how unfortunate that she was brought up in such a way. It’s a story that does justice to the fairy tale that every child knows but with a darker & edgy twist. I think this movie will even outshine another Snow White movie where the evil queen is being played by Julia Roberts…Julia Roberts? Come on…she is too sweet for that…she can never carry the dark side with her.

No comments: