Monday, June 11, 2012

One Direction

So, to continue my below story…yup, after I came back from my holidays…I was right…both William & Henry indeed got some minor bashing from Juan Carlos. I feel a little bit guilty about it as well. Now, I am like the giraffe above, helping to put out the fire :)

Maybe I have been pampering them and being too protective. Henry comes from the operation level and I didn’t want to rush Henry too much, if Henry cannot cope with the whole situation, I won’t be surprise that Henry will be willing to forgo this position and find another job elsewhere. When I was a Management Trainee in M13 – I was very fortunate that I was given the space to grow and to develop myself and I would love that Henry would have that leisurely pace as well. Not every newcomer can withstand the retail pressure. What’s more, if we are going to do it for the long haul.

As for William, everyone has been commenting that William is just only doing 1 category – Luggage and they feel that William can and should take up more responsibilities. Well, they don’t know how messy the luggage category is right now. Once the whole Mid Valley Store have been re-launch and the planogram has been rolled-out to all the stores…my mission for William is to start to do the nitty-gritty work of developing new collections, selecting new designs and to spot-check on the suppliers in order to ensure standardization across all board. I have made the decision to let William to just concentrate on Luggage and have them respect it. But I can’t please everyone now, can I? Why is it whenever I want to do something for myself, I end up feeling really bad about it? Like I’m not supposed to be happy. Maybe the reason I’m left alive is to serve others’ happiness, not my own. Well, let’s just monitor how things go from here.

No comments: