Sunday, June 24, 2012

Melbourne Victory

First day at work – well, the place is huge and they do not put up any color scheme to indicate different department or any signages around, thus I got lost twice :( There is no covered car park…so very pity that my Proton Saga has to be park under the hot scorching sun :( The food varieties here are very limited…I missed Chatime :( Job wise – I think Buying / Merchandising / Sourcing is the same everywhere but what I am really struggling with right now is their system. They are such dinosaurs! :( I have my own room now. There are pros & cons to it. I guess after being with the French for 3 years & 10 months, I am so used to the open space and now I feel so alone & lonely. No doubt having a room means privacy and good for the ego but getting help means walking next door to Leonardo’s room. Where as previously, Rufus, Celtic & Stewart was just a table away. But I also thank GOD that Leonardo’s room is just next door so help is easier to get. Due to the walls, the people here seem to be colder & unfriendly. They are not so much community-oriented people. Or perhaps that they have worked here for so long that they have their own gang that they didn’t want any newcomer to mix with them. I feel that the place is lacking of warmth, laughter & love.

Of course the other perks of working starting at 9am (means I can sleep in late), the office is much nearby to my house, I can claim for handphone allowance and getting 10% staff discount is also good too. I guess there is no such thing as perfection. I gained some, I lose some. I’m wondering…hmm…what if…IF…I have stayed for another for 6 months with the French…for my CV to look nicer as I have been a Division Manager for a year and also to join in the fight with my fellow comrades…what will happen? :) Stop thinking too much Yingze. Move On. Keep Going. All Is Well :)

No comments: