Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life Inspired

This month of June – 2 very significant events have taken place in my life :)

First – I turned 30; officially a year older (again) and hit another new milestone in my life :)

Secondly – I have decided to tender my resignation with the French and will pursue a new adventure with the Hong Kies at G13. It was not an impromptu decision. It was something that I have planned since February. However along the way, nothing suitable turns up. I did not have faith in the Rocket Internet business model. I become very sien when I hear that the Japanese have to work on alternate Saturday on a full day basis. Courts Mammoth is too far; all the way in Setapak. I did not want to be a part of one of my supplier new furniture business venture. FMCG companies cannot wait for me for 3 months.

Thus, this G13 opportunity arises when Juan Carlos decides to hires Jonas from G13, Jonas’s immediate Boss (now my new Boss – Leonardo) gives me Jonas’s portfolio. So yeah…in a way…Jonas & I are swapping places. I know that there are people who have voice their concerns on my departure, some are claiming that I am making a mistake. I am letting go of my Division Manager position to become just a Category Manager. People are wondering why I am downgrading myself. Don’t get me wrong. I love my work at the French. I enjoy the relationship that I have over there. However, the environment is really no longer conducive for me to stay. When I came back to D33 January this year, Juan Carlos gave me 2 Missions which are to Fix The Department & To Get Back The Suppliers Support. But along the way – the tasks that Juan Carlos has instructed me to do began to contravene with the above objectives. I am not aggressive in climbing the corporate ladder but I am aggressive in making sure that I do my job well, that I know that I have given & do my best and have contribute one way or the other.

Being 30 also – I realize that I just want a day job and to spend more time to pursue my other leisurely interest. I don’t want a high flying job anymore. If I have paid off everything for my car or any housing loans – I wouldn’t even mind an administrative or customer service work. I’m not a fortune teller. I don’t know how my journey will be like for the next 6 months. I don’t know how I will end my 2012. Staying or going – my chances are 50 – 50. If everything turns up good – awesome. If it turns out completely the opposite – then life still moves on. I have to fine-tune it, make some adjustments and make the best out of it. It's called living. Life is short. Like I have always said – I want to be a better person, I want to manage my life & relationship better and I want to lead by example. I don't want the years to pass by me just like that. I want to add value to my life & to others, to give back to the community & society and to be fully contented. I thank GOD for continuing working in me, for putting me on the right track - I think I am much more cantankerous, passionate, agreeable, light hearted, wondering, can-do, secure in myself, compassionate, and, more often than not, having thoughts of giving back to the community.

So Happy Birthday to me, and here's to hoping that the next decade is as fun and joyful as the last has been. Hoorah! :)

No comments: