Tuesday, January 01, 2013

...and now, a new story must begin…

The sun has rise.
A new day beckons us.
Today has arrive :)

Everyone judges their happiness, their self-worth, their quality of life based on a number of benchmarks. Their KPIs can range from something that is monetary or on a non-monetary basis. There is no right or wrong. As long as the person is happy with it, satisfies with it, believing in it and feels that it is all worth it – than that is all matters. As for me, I am a free spirit – my KPI is on a non-monetary basis – the number of adventures, experiences, senses & happy thoughts that I have – which is something that I believe is purpose driven and larger than life itself. Last year, I have listed down all of the things that I wanted to do, so let’s time-travel back a little and see what the accomplishments are so far:

(1) Participate in 2 Marathons – woo hoo…I did it. I manage to do 2 marathons; 5KM each in the Standard Chartered KL Marathon & the Desa Park City Run :)

(2) Buy a new bicycle – failed again.

(3) Learn Spanish – this is very bad. I learn 49 new words in 2011. Last year, I only manage to learn 10 new words :) very sucky.

(4) To attend a course (which is outside of my undergraduate studies) for knowledge & skills enhancement purposes – also totally failed.

(5) Travel to Universal Studio in Singapore – yes, finally I manage to make it there. It was awesome. A good closure for 2012. I even drop by at Legoland Malaysia as well :)

(6) Travel to Hong Kong or Macau – failed. Nonetheless, I manage to have a lengthy and enjoyable holiday trip to Kunming, Dali & Lijiang in China :)

(7) Travel to Bali, Indonesia – also tak jadi, but had an island holiday at Pulau Tioman instead. I went for snorkeling too. Whee :)

(8) To read a total of 5 books per year – I did manage to score 3; all of it is from different genres – Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Excellence and The Lost Symbol.

(9) Volunteer for an organization – not yet, but I have make the first step; I have sign myself up with the dogoodvolunteer.com portal.

(10) Attend a stand-up comedy – this is one of the best highlight of my 2012. I not only attended a stand-up comedy, but also get to experience a comedy theater, a musical comedy theater from both of the local & international production (Cuci The Musical & Shrek The Musical).

Additionally, in 2012 – I also get to try my hands on paintball and attend the 2012 Urbanscapes event :)

2012 was indeed a good year for me :)

Helloooo-ooooo 2013!! Everyone seems to be a bit shocked and traumatized by how quickly the New Year has come around. But for me, this New Year is really, really exciting!! I’m totally ecstatic about all of my plans, dreams and hopes for this year. GOD, with you by my side me – let’s grow and journey together :) Let's make things possible...real :) 

1 comment:

fallen_again said...

Happy new year yingze... may 2013 be an even better year for you.. :)