Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ride The Rollercoaster


Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD for this Amazing Life, this Amazing Day, this Blessed life, this Blessed day :) For the whole month of October, I was basically missing in action because I was on an adventure. Not as in travelling on the road physically. It was more of a self-audit, self-evaluate, self-review & self-reflect kind of adventures.

Comes every November, as we are approaching towards the end of the year, I think it’s a good time to look back and see the experiences that we have gone through earlier on. I actually re-read my first blog post which I started since 24th September 2005 till the current one. All in all – I have already published a total of 828 blog post. Wow…I think I have been through a very amazing journey :) I see myself getting better and improving in many aspects. I went through so many wonderful experiences. Both good & bad which really enrich my life very well. I remembered that I once blog, that the greatest achievement for me professionally will be getting a promotion at work and which I did in 2010 (from Category Manager to Senior Category Manager), in 2011 (Senior Category Manager to Trainee Division Manager) and in 2012 (Trainee Division Manager to Division Manager). Finally, I think I feel like I have experience it all. Complete the circle.

Secretly, I also have a hidden desire to re-start my second career which I am actively looking for. I want to be more into the design of organizations, its culture, its processes, new ventures, its strategy, marketing and branding. I’m with G13 for 5 months now…I don’t know…somehow, something is lacking. Motivation perhaps? Direction…I’m not so sure anymore…but somehow, I guess things didn’t turn up right or as expected. Nonetheless, as long as I am still sitting behind the desk, I will continue to do my job and serve ever faithfully.

For this Thanksgiving month - I count my blessings that I also have been lucky and blessed in so, so many ways. Health, family, friends, career, life, finances…it’s been an amazing 6 years of blogging life. I am very happy with where I am today, with who I am and with what I have. I am contented because no matter how much we have in life, it’ll never be great till the day we feel we have enough. This is how I break down life. In your teens and 20s, it’s a period of exploration. In your 30s, it’s a period of acquisition where you settle down with a partner, get a car & a house. In your 40s, it’s a period of reflection where you stop and ask yourself ‘how did you get here’? I am glad that I don’t have to reach that age to fully understand and appreciate what life is all about.

Additionally, I am truly appreciative that GOD is there with me. There were so many moments that I fell, so many obstacles to overcome and GOD have helped me to pull through them one after another. Sometimes, whenever I face a problem, I no longer freak out because I know that the problem is solvable. GOD will not rain me with problems that are too big for me to handle. This is what faith can do. No matter what your stand in life is, irrespective of where you are or who you are, a simple step of faith in Jesus Christ can turn your destiny around. I will be still and know you are GOD - You’re altogether Lovely, altogether Worthy, altogether Wonderful to me :)

No comments: