Sunday, August 11, 2013

seeking a friend for the end of the world


For the past few weeks, I have been receiving surprise messages on my FaceBook & WatsApp application from Javitha. Javitha is a close friend of mine back from my high school days. But, we have not been keeping in touch with each other after we have left SMKSSAAS. It was a surprise to me that she wants to meet up. She is now a medical doctor, graduated from Russia, her family have migrated to Australia; lock, stock & barrel years ago but they came back recently; decided to re-settle back in Malaysia. Due to her houseman-ship, Javitha have been station in the Serdang Hospital. So, when she asks me for a meet-up for lunch at Pappa Rich, in Section 7 @ Shah Alam, I was happy to do so. I have to admit – when it comes to maintaining a friendship – I am very bad at it. I sucks. With Club 21, The Circle and The Others – I think we have drifted apart at quite a very dangerous level now :) It’s hot & cold, on & off. And I know that when long lost friend who wants to meet up all of a sudden – there is something fishy about it :) And I was right. Javitha was not pushy, she maintains a certain level of cordialness and I was respectful as well. Javitha; together with another classmate of ours; Joots have been involved in an education multi-level marketing business. Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m a firm believer & supporter of passive income. I would get myself involve in one if I found one which I feels it’s suitable. I’m already a part of the everyday retail business, if I still have to sell ‘something’ over the weekend – oh boy – enough is enough :) Multi-level marketing is an old business model, but there is always the question of sustainability. For me this business model is more of a hit-and-run-type. If there is no product innovation in the long run – it dies off very easily. Of course, we parted on good terms – even making plans to have a gathering soon. After all, it has been 14 long years. After that, Javitha still remains persistence, inviting me to attend the previews, which I graciously decline. Sigh :) Nonetheless, it was a good meeting - at least I know who is doing what, who is at where and I feel that I still have a pulse on it :)

No comments: