Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stripping, Sandcastles & Speedos


The General have yet to get back to me…but Leonardo has already gotten back to me…with some very bad & terrible news :( Actually, I should have suspected it; that something big will happen. Firstly – The General was in Leonardo’s room the other day which is next to mine. (The General is my right hand neighbor while Leonardo is my left hand neighbor). I can hear their faint conversations, some words were pretty clear…then I overheard The General telling Leonardo – Don’t get it wrong, I’m sorry. Secondly, at one time, Pietro was in The General’s room. On The General’s table was a piece of paper that contains the drawing of the department's new organization’s chart. There are 5 SCM’s in the division. All names were on it except for Leonardo. Pietro & I was already in a panicky mode. We assure ourselves that perhaps…the paper was not properly printed. A piece of it was missing. Thirdly, Marcus has been hinting Celtic several times that Marcus may no longer be Celtic’s boss. Meaning that, not only will there be a re-structuring at the Assistants level but also at the SCM level as well. The fourth occasion is when The General & Leonardo was walking pass by my room that morning – I heard The General telling Leonardo – Let’s not do anything first until the HR issues out the letter.

Then, Leonardo came into my room and broke the news to me. Leonardo will no longer be my boss. Stationery will no longer be park under Leonardo anymore. Leonardo will keep Pietro & Alice. Leonardo also mentions that some portfolios will be drop, new portfolios will be undertaken – meaning some SCM will win some and lose some. Celtic suspected that this so-called arrangement happen because Pietro and Alice have done such a lousy job in their range review project, which indirectly cause Leonardo to look bad and reflect badly on Leonardo’s leadership in guiding the team. The General have even sarcastically commented on Pietro that either Pietro is lazy, stupid or refuse to change. Actually, I may also be one of the culprit. I didn't help the team, I didn't help Leonardo. I should be partly to be blame too.

I am going to the dark side because I will be park under Queen Ursula. Among all of the SCM – the evil one is Ursula. Ursula have snatch Leonardo’s previous 2 staffs and now, I’m the third one crossing-over. Celtic said that Leonardo should fight back for the territory. Which I also agree. I admit. I didn’t do a good job. So, if I were Leonardo, I will get the Stationery Buyer to be transfer out, swapped or removed. But don’t take away the biggest department from me. Let’s see how it goes. No official announcement yet so I play dunno first. Leonardo only mentions that Stationery will not be park under Leonardo but Leonardo did not mention whether I will still be holding on to the department or not. I don’t feel young anymore. Retail work takes a lot out of me and it bangs me up pretty good over the years. Nonetheless, I have the good fortune of being able to work for many years. That is all I ever wanted at that time – to earn a good living. I have never felt pigeonholed with the work I was doing. As long as I have work, I am happy. Even so, I will still search for my perfect fit. Every delay is for a good reason. GOD, please give me the courage to ditch my comfort zone and listen to that little voice inside of me. GOD, help me to unravel the knots that keep me from living a healthy whole life, and do it now, before any more time passes :)

No comments: