Tuesday, January 22, 2008

junkie

It’s funny. Something happened. I just finished my meeting in Chevron HQ and took a cab back from Damansara to SAM25.
Strike up a conversation with the cab driver – as usual, the topic started out with ‘how was business these days?’…and the usual response will be: ‘susah nak cari makan’. Then there was the discussion on the sex scandal of our former Health Minister Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek…then, I don’t know how it happen…one thing after another, the cab driver started telling me about his manhood, his sexual appetite, the types of women he have shag before in different continents – from Asia to Europe to South America, his one night stand…..thus, throughout the whole 45 minutes, I already have an understanding of his sex history :)


Now, at first I was stunned and shock – it was like, I got on the wrong cab and this driver is a sex maniac. What if he drove me to an isolated place and then rapes me and kills me cold blooded?! I was terrified. I know I was being a bit dramatic but it’s also important to be extra careful.
The man wasn’t a pervert; he was just being generous with his experience :) He even reminds me to play it safe.
But I get to witness the lifestyle of another group of people from my community. Having such a conversations, you just need to keep an open mind. Some people tend to lead their lives that way. He had a rough childhood, with no family commitment; he travel overseas and work as a cheap labor; just like the many Indonesians that is flooding this country. As age catches up, he returns back to his homeland. Nonetheless, in every action, there are responsibilities. It’s not a life story to teach a child, but it can be an open discussion with an adult.

It was a hilarious and wonderful journey.
The most open-minded cab driver ever. I will remember this colorful character whenever I take a cab the next time.

No comments: