Wednesday, January 23, 2008

- revival -


Heathcliff Andrew Ledger…dies at the age of 28! :( I’m utterly speechless.
He was found dead in a Manhattan apartment, facedown and naked at the foot of his bed with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said. It is yet to be confirmed whether it was suicidal or accidental drug overdose. Heath was award-winning actor who chose his roles carefully; gravitated toward dark, brooding roles that defied leading man status rather than cashing in on his heartthrob good looks. He was even nominated for an Oscar for his most-remembered performance as a gay cowboy in Ang Lee’s ‘Brokeback Mountain’. He left behind his ex-wife Michelle Williams and their daughter; Matilda. He was a Perth boy, a promising actor, a genuine artist…and I was so looking forward to another of his great acting performance as The Joker in the new Batman movie ‘The Dark Knight’.

And then there was the death of Bradley Barron Renfro. Brad was only 25! The unknown Brad Renfro was discovered at the age of 10 by director Joel Schumacher and was immediately cast in his first major motion picture ‘The Client’ in 1994 alongside Tommy Lee Jones and Susan Serandon. I remembered him best in ‘Tom and Huck’ with my crush at that time; Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT).

Why in the hell all of the young & talented child actors/actresses have to be involved one way or the other in drugs or alcohol? What is the actual root of the problem? Hollywood fame? Peer pressure? Publicity? Stress? Young lives are gone; just like that. This better be a wake-up call for Haley Joel Osment, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. It’s a timely reminder to clean-up their act and pull their lives together.

Death’ is always all around us, the very ‘being’ responsible for taking even the ones we care for; away, forever. I don’t know how long I will live; will I live until the age of 106, like my paternal great grandmother? Or my life will be short-lived? At 26 perhaps? Will I go through a peaceful & painless death or will I be in much pain?
In GOD, I trust. I am just going to be good, try out everything, be my best and appreciate & embrace every breath of it. That’s how life should be :)
I want to be remembered as a young character that is down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving, cheeky and unselfish individual that inspires people on many different levels :)

2008 is a year of surviving. Optimism is a good thing. Except that too much of a good thing can sometimes kill you. Meanwhile, Fear isn’t always that bad. No one can blame you for growing eyes at the back of your head. People can however blame you for causing a crap load of hurt.

No comments: