Sunday, March 08, 2009

“enjoyment in being lost”

New Zealand Educated: Study In New Zealand, Sheraton Subang Hotel – attended the education fair…yeah, I’m thinking of going back to school. Either I’m going to do my Postgraduate Diploma which will eventually leads me into doing my Master later on (as my Undergraduate Degree didn’t come with an Honors) or I’m considering to do a Graduate Diploma. I’m not so sure on what type of Master program to enroll in yet…I guess that will largely depends on what industry that I will be permanently in and what I want to do. I want to do consultation work…let’s face it; I cannot be a buyer forever. I guess I will seriously look into Strategic Management. If I’m going to do a Graduate Diploma first – then I will most probably take on Communication & Media Studies. This is also another area that I want to explore later on in my life. If I didn’t take up M & M (Management & Marketing) in Murdoch, Mass Communication would have been my second option.
The fair was great, lots of participating universities – University Of Otago, Victoria University Of Wellington, University Of Waikato, Massey University, University Of Canterbury etc. The education counselors were absolutely wonderful and generous in sharing their education knowledge & experiences with me.

Still, there is 1 barrier – funding. I’m still building my nest…I’m still trying to figure out how to be financially secure…there are just too many options out there…I need to do some research and choose the right package that can generate the best returns in a short period of time…all I know is that I need to get myself some unit trust fund and endowment…and to appoint which financial institution that can give me the best package and will take good care of my interest.

Malaysia Politics – It has been 1 year since the last general elections in March 2008. After that political tsunami, there has been no peace & quiet in the country…as a matter of fact; there was more turmoil, dirt and uncertainty. Too much of unnecessary politicking, back-stabbing, dirty tactics, power-snatching…instead of concentrating in building the people and the country. I am ever the optimist, but recently I have been a little despondent about this country. I love Malaysia and am so proud to be a Malaysian. Have always been that way and always will be, but now I can't help feeling like we seem to be losing the plot. Reality is sinking in that we are not that great after all and we have lots to do. What is wrong? We need leaders from all political parties to act truly as leaders. Right now, it’s like…it’s just you vs. me, me vs. you on a very personal level and let’s see who gets one up on the other. (Not to mention there are some leaders who are not leaders enough…coming up with stupid remarks in parliament or in the media…silly little faux pas like those stick in my mind).
To me, these politicians are wasting their valuable time engaging in petty political squabbles and arguments about party post, toppling the government or the opposition, scandals, individual ethnic identity etc while other nations are catching up – and even passing us by on the global economic autobahn. So, please…Najib & Co. and Anwar & Co. – please serve the people first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey that was my work fair! not that i got to go - but the uni i work in =) victoria. sigh i know exactly how you feel. i want to continue also, but the funding is the main problem. like you, i'm building my nest and trying to save enough (oldest child, firstborn type of issues). i hope you get to achieve it in the long run. it's really beneficial.