Sunday, March 22, 2009

make good better

Work Tales – it was indeed a good Northern State business trip :) Too bad Wendy couldn't make it. I spent the whole day visiting a luggage factory and also dropping by at our Prai store.
Arrgh, my feet are so sore. There was so much of variety & processes and I had a blast discovering it all! The insights are quite an experience and were an abundance of knowledge!


Celtic’s wish was granted :) Celtic successfully separate Rufus & Iron Butterfly from Sumen & myself. It was a good thing…Sumen and myself hanging out together, only the two of us, we share knowledge & experiences…just chill out, bonding and strategizing for the coming months ahead. I'm looking forward to that leadership role thingy :)
Of course, Celtic manages to squeeze in an opportunity or two to belittle our department in front of Rufus & Iron Butterfly. No doubt, our department is not that big and we have not been performing well with lots of negative reports, but Celtic doesn’t have to embarrass us in front of everyone. It’s subtle bullying.

The only that shock me during this trip was when Iron Butterfly privately commented to me that Celtic is like FIRE while I’m like WATER; adaptable. Iron Butterfly actually noted that not many people can stand Celtic’s character. But I did. Because I always gave in. Celtic probably knows about it but didn’t want to mention about it because at the end of the day Celtic have to be superior above everyone else. Even though Celtic is loyal and aggressive, but Celtic has built a wall in between, however once Celtic opens the heart, than its ok. Wow. I have to say that Iron Butterfly is very accurate in this judgment. But Iron Butterfly overlooks 1 thing or maybe Iron Butterfly have not discover about this yet – Celtic have to be superior above the rest and lacks humility. If Celtic is not number 1, Celtic will do anything...anything to be the number 1.

It’s safe to say that I’ve completely given up on Celtic. I can’t change Celtic's character. The reason that I gave in is because why make an enemy and wreck a relationship? Of course, there’s no way that it can come around again. I’ve made my decisions and there’s no turning back. That is why I don’t want to be in the same department with Celtic. It’s time to show my capabilities. Time for me to take the spotlight, time for me to emerge from Celtic’s shadow. Win or lose – it’s time for me to step out. I’ve been pretty strong about my own personal goals so far and I am adamant that no one’s going to stop me from reaching them. Being so young and with little experience, I will have to learn from my own mistakes and it won’t always be easy. I want to be independent. My success, my failures, my achievements depended on my own; not on others.

I’m learning to love being lost :) This is sooo contrary to my nature of wanting to come up with goals and plans. I know that this is the part where I will deal with transitions, changes, opportunities, explorations; while being lost. I’ve been taking stock of my past experiences, present state and future hopes. I will let my mind run wild with all sorts of ideas and dreams.
Sure, I will still come up with “goals” - but they’re quite loose at the moment. You see, a wise career advisor once said that the best thing to do at a time like this is just to enjoy being lost. Wander about a bit. Instead of doing default work and taking up ‘obvious opportunities’ - leave those alone for a while. Or just let them happen if they do. Then, just do the things that you don’t normally do. And, do the things that you used to love to do - but didn’t have the time for it. You never know what will open up this way :)

No comments: